Youtube is one of the biggest social media platforms on the internet. As well as the largest search engine. Users use this platform for many uses, for enjoyment, to solve their queries, and to intake knowledge. If you are a creator and want to create videos on this platform, you need to know about the strategies used on youtube for ranking.
Seo strategies for youtube are increasing rapidly by digital marketers. Youtube is a platform of the internet introduced in 2005, and now it is one of the biggest platforms people use.
Youtube plays an important role in transforming the videos of infinite niches. Let’s move ahead with the top youtube SEO strategies used in 2022.
11 top SEO strategies used on youtube
Prefer keyword research – keywords are the most important in Youtube SEO. With the help of keywords, the algorithm understands the subject of your video, gives indexing, and presents it in front of your targeted audience. Keywords are like the name of any person. Without keywords, no one is going to recognize you. Youtube and Google don’t fetch your image content, so you need to find some of the best and most widely used keywords. Several keyword research tools are available in the market through which you get the latest and trending used keywords. You can create your content according to these keywords to get a ranking on the Google search engine.
You can use some of the best keyword tools ever, which are listed below:
- Keyword Everywhere
- Google Trends
2. Use unique and suitable titles – when you do good keyword research, your mind is full of all the trendy keywords, so what do you have to do with them? One of the important places where it is compulsory to add the keyword is your Tite. The title should be keyword rich because this is one of the important factors responsible for ranking your content.
The title you use in your content should be impressive because this leaves the first impression on the user’s mind when you place the right keyword at the perfect pace, so the chances of your ranking.
3. Add tags in your content – usage of tags on the youtube platform is very important compared to the other platforms. Meta tags are banned on the google platform because people use spammy things. But on youtube, these are very important. With the help of these tags, the algorithms of youtube rank and place your video on search engines. These factors are important to grab traffic on your video.
In this field, youtube allows only 120 characters, but we suggest you use only 6 to 7 words in the description. It becomes easier for the youtube algorithm also.
4. Create longer videos – youtube is a platform known for long videos. From the ranking factor, the minimum length of your video on youtube should be 10 minutes. And the average length should be more than 11 minutes and 45 seconds. It becomes tougher for you if you upload short clips. It will take time to fetch your content.
5. Create unique and shareable content – as you all know, millions of creators create content every day. But there are only a few creators who can create content that is enjoyable as well as knowledgeable. Based on these factors, users like their content and convert it into traffic on their accounts. So you can add some factors to your video to make it unique compared to the others.
- Create some suspense in your video.
- Use some effects to make your video attractive.
- Add some of the motivational thoughts in your video.
- Present some of the knowledgeable hooks.
6. Increase audience engagement – when we talk about the SEO of google, we do on-page and off-page SEO to grab ranking we create our relationships with the other website. But when we take youtube SEO, if you link your video with other platforms, many algorithms will not give you a ranking. In the field of off-page SEO on youtube, both are different concepts. You can attract your customers after receiving your video likes, views and comments. To get all these things, this is very important to adopt youtube strategies for customer engagement.
7. Promote your channel and videos – we have already discussed how you can increase the audience on your channel. After optimizing the title,url and description, you have to promote your channel and your latest video by using several factors like
- Promote your video through Email marketing
- Reveal your video on social media as much as you can.
- Reply to every comment on your video officially.
- Promote your videos by using some influencers.
8. Raise your production as much as possible – regular posting on youtube is one of the important factors for ranking. If you take a break, it will lower your ranking and decrease your reach among your subscribers. Create content regularly and on trending topics for more leads. Create long videos with amazing content.
9. Market research is impossible until you cannot do market research. Market research is one of the important things when you are also a creator. Take a strong eye on your competitors’ functioning because from this; you can have some creative and attractive ideas. And more knowledge about your field. Market research lets you know what is happening in the market and what users want.
10. Choose a particular category – when you upload your video, this is a very important step to index your videos according to the category. So when users search the content on that particular topic, your video will be shown in the list of that category. Just choose your category according to your content and relevant to your niche.
11. Use thumbnails – thumbnails refers to the attractive short title of your video through which you can attract many users and increase your click rate. A thumbnail should be
- Suspense rich
If you want to rank your video on google:
- Follow all these key SEO strategies for youtube.
- Work consistently as well as smart.
- Learn new skills to attract users’ attention.
- Find some ways through which you can look unique as compared to the others.